New in Print
Tierney Cahill, a 6th grade teacher from Reno, Nev., was impelled by her students during a civics lesson to run for public office in the 2000 election. Placing them in charge of her campaign, she decided to seek a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. In a new book, Ms. Cahill for Congress, she recounts her campaign, the students’ participation, and the lessons they all learned over the course of the election year.
November 5, 2008 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Alder GSE Associate Dean
- Alder GSE, Los Angeles, California
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida