New in Print
Tierney Cahill, a 6th grade teacher from Reno, Nev., was impelled by her students during a civics lesson to run for public office in the 2000 election. Placing them in charge of her campaign, she decided to seek a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. In a new book, Ms. Cahill for Congress, she recounts her campaign, the students’ participation, and the lessons they all learned over the course of the election year.
November 5, 2008 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- School Psychologist
- Milford Public Schools, Milford, Connecticut
- Director of Elementary Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment
- Hartford School District, White River Junction, Vermont
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Assistant Professor, Psychology (School Counseling Program)
- Lewis University, Romeoville, Illinois