New in Print
Tierney Cahill, a 6th grade teacher from Reno, Nev., was impelled by her students during a civics lesson to run for public office in the 2000 election. Placing them in charge of her campaign, she decided to seek a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives. In a new book, Ms. Cahill for Congress, she recounts her campaign, the students’ participation, and the lessons they all learned over the course of the election year.
November 5, 2008 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Oklahoma City Public Schools, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Dedicated Aide
- spearl @seedschooldc.org, Washington D.C.
- Principal of Gemini Junior High School
- East Maine School District 63, Niles, Illinois
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Hazelwood School District, Florissant, Missouri
- School Psychologist & Social Worker
- The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, DC, Washington D.C.