Educators We’ve Lost to the Coronavirus
Some of the teachers, principals, coaches, counselors, and other staff members who’ve died
Coronavirus has taken the lives of thousands— young and old, men and women, people of all backgrounds.
Among the educators we’ve lost was a teacher who’d taught her students online the day before she died. Another was a school climate counselor at his alma mater who supported students struggling with behavior.
Some of them had retired, but are still vividly remembered for their deep impact on students’ lives.
In this memorial, we remember some of the dedicated educators lost to their communities and to the field.
Do you know someone who is not already in this memorial? Please tell us about them.
- 'Inspiring Me for the Rest of My Life': Students Pay Tribute to 33-Year-Old Teacher Lost to Coronavirus
- 'There Was a Better Fate for Her': Remembering 18-Year-Old Who Died From Coronavirus
- The Inspiring Legacy of Flint's First Black Superintendent, Dead From Coronavirus
- 'Amazing Cook' for Austin, Texas, Schools Dies From Coronavirus
- 'Bright Star' Principal, 36, Dies From Coronavirus
Reporting: Lesli A. Maxwell
Design/Visualization: Emma Patti Harris
Vol. 39, Issue 37, Page 1