Test Your Brain
Educational neuroscience is a new and rapidly changing field, and numerous myths have percolated up through the years, based on unsubstantiated studies, findings taken out of context, and plain old snake-oil salesmen. Neuroeducation researcher Paul Howard-Jones of the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom found a majority of incoming teachers studied in that country had at least one misunderstanding about the brain and how it affects learning and instruction.
Try it out yourself: Decide which of the following statements is true or false.
Sources: Paul Howard-Jones, National Academy of Sciences, OECD Center for Educational Research and Innovation
Design and Programming by: Chienyi Cheri Hung | Graphics by: Laura Baker | Reported by: Sarah D. Sparks
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Math Teacher
- Moreau Catholic High School, Hayward, California
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.
- Chief Education Officer
- DECA, Reston, Virginia
- Physics Teacher (Grade 9) SY18-19
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston Public Schools , Boston, Massachusetts