Thirteen Western states that are home to more than 93 percent of the nation’s federally owned land have formed a coalition to lobby Washington for an annual $4 billion in lost local and state property-tax revenues on the federal land, nearly $1.9 billion of which would have gone to pay for public education.
December 13, 2006 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch— September 19
Most Popular Stories
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- 4th Grade Teacher
- Saint Hilary School, Tiburon, California
- Chief Academic Officer
- Middletown Public Schools, Middletown, Connecticut
- Science Teachers - Immediate Openings
- Neighborhood House Charter School, Dorchester, Massachusetts
- Supervisor of Special Education
- Spring-Ford Area School District, Royersford, Pennsylvania