Bertram D. Coolidge, principal of Neshobe Elementary School, admitted that the tests should not have been administered without first contacting parents, and that they should have been given only to students actually suspected of consuming alcohol.
The current system, it said, should be replaced with fewer, more unified school districts that would more accurately reflect the system through which children pass during their 13 years of public schooling.
When the superintendent of the Town of Hartford School District discussed the plan with the district's 140-member teaching staff, he found "quite a bit of negative reaction" and decided to abandon the plan, said Carl Mock, a district spokesman."There was a skepticism about the unknown," he added.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Boston Globe— September 19
Boston Globe— August 16
Boston Globe— August 13
- Special Education Teacher
- Greenwich Education Group, Stamford, Connecticut
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Montgomery County, Maryland is actively recruiting Principals and Assistant Principals, all levels
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery County, Maryland
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)