Gov. James H. Douglas launched his third two-year term with an inaugural address last week picturing the Vermont of the near future as a center for environmental engineering. High schools specializing in math, science, and technology would dot the landscape, the Republican governor said.
January 10, 2007 – Education Week
Legislators in Vermont shoved two contentious education issues to the back burner in a session dominated by concern over rising health-care costs. The lawmakers also tweaked the state’s school finance law, as they have done almost every year since it was passed in 1997.
September 13, 2006 – Education Week
A lawsuit challenging Vermont’s school aid system has won a reprieve. The suit, filed by a group of students and taxpayers in three southern Vermont towns before lawmakers overhauled the state’s school finance system in 2003, was dismissed by a state court last month.
October 12, 2005 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Boston Globe— September 19
Boston Globe— August 16
Boston Globe— August 13
Most Popular Stories
- Executive Director
- Tarrant To and Through Partnership (T3), Fort Worth, Texas
- Superintendent, Fort Wayne Community Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 2019-2020 School Psychologist
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)