About 1,000 Northern Virginia high school students skipped classes for at least half a day last week to march from a public plaza to the Arlington County Courthouse here, symbolically uniting with peers from across the country to protest federal legislation that would crack down on undocumented immigrants.
April 5, 2006 – Education Week
Some students with disabilities find that skilled companion dogs can help them achieve their goals. But schools don't always welcome the animals. Includes online photo gallery.
March 8, 2006 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
The Washington Post— May 7
The Washington Post— May 6
The Washington Post— April 24
Most Popular Stories
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Supervisor of Technology
- Hernando County School Board, Spring Hill, Florida
- ELA TEACHER
- Community Group, Lawrence, MA, US
- Assistant Principal
- The New York Institute for Special Education, Bronx, New York