Gov. Timothy M. Kaine reiterated his desire to expand preschool options for Virginia children in the State of the Commonwealth address he delivered to the legislature Jan. 10, saying his budget plan offers a way to expand early-learning programs, including those offered by religious institutions.
January 17, 2007 – Education Week
Despite requests for leeway, federal education officials are standing firm in requiring New York and Virginia education officials, as of this school year, to stop using scores from English-language-proficiency tests to calculate adequate yearly progress for such students.
December 20, 2006 – Education Week
In a push to provide more children with free tutoring under the No Child Left Behind Act, U.S. Department of Education officials have announced the expansion of two pilot programs that allow school districts to offer the extra assistance a year earlier than usual, and to serve as tutoring providers even if they themselves have been deemed poor performers.
July 27, 2006 – Education Week (Web)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
The Washington Post— May 7
The Washington Post— May 6
The Washington Post— April 24
Most Popular Stories
- ELA TEACHER
- Community Group, Lawrence, MA, US
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Montgomery County, Maryland is actively recruiting Principals and Assistant Principals, all levels
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery County, Maryland
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Executive Director
- Tarrant To and Through Partnership (T3), Fort Worth, Texas