CommentaryGood Families Make Good Schools
Alarmed that so many young people lack the skills to excel at work, the business community has been using summits, papers, and political alliances to urge stronger preparation for adolescents. But in New Jersey, businesses have taken their ideas from the bully pulpit straight into classrooms.
December 20, 2006 – Education Week
In an attempt to reduce property taxes in New Jersey, a legislative committee is recommending that the state completely rewrite the way it finances schools and wipe out the special-needs designation that has driven billions of dollars in extra funding to its poorest urban districts.
November 29, 2006 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Philadelphia Inquirer— May 11
Philadelphia Inquirer— May 6
Philadelphia Inquirer— April 29
Most Popular Stories
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- High School Math Instructional Coach
- KIPP Philadelphia Public Schools, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- High School Principal
- Lewiston-Porter CSD, Youngstown, New York
- ELA TEACHER
- Community Group, Lawrence, MA, US
- Senior Associate, Development & External Affairs
- Close Up Foundation, Alexandria, Virginia