CommentaryAccountability, or Mastery?
Gov. John Lynch, in his Jan. 5 inaugural address, called for a constitutional amendment allowing New Hampshire to target school funding to the communities that need it most. The proposal by the Democratic governor, who was elected to a second term in November, is aimed at putting an end to a school finance dispute that has raged in the state for 15 years.
January 10, 2007 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Chicago Tribune— February 26
The New York Times— February 21
The New York Times— January 28
Most Popular Stories
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Chief Academic Officer
- Middletown Public Schools, Middletown, Connecticut
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Join University Heights Charter School for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, Newark, New Jersey
- Teacher of the Blind / Visually Impaired
- Detroit Lakes Public Schools, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota