Voters in some states didn't show a lot of generosity toward schools as they voted down measures that would have provided more funding for education in Idaho, Michigan, Nebraska, and Ohio. But proposals in three states that had the potential to restrict spending on schools-the idea known as a Taxpayer's Bill of Rights-were rejected, early returns showed.
November 8, 2006 – Education Week (Web)
Nebraska’s state schools chief issued a rallying cry late last month to his colleagues in other states, urging them to join a rebellion against the U.S. Department of Education. But for now, at least, federal officials seem to have quelled the rising tide of complaints from state education leaders.
June 14, 2006 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Des Moines Register— November 16
Chicago Tribune— May 25
CNN— May 25
Most Popular Stories
- Newport News Foundation Director
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- ELA TEACHER
- Community Group, Lawrence, MA, US
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- High School Math Instructional Coach
- KIPP Philadelphia Public Schools, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania