When schools in Bismarck, N.D., scheduled parent-teacher conferences this school year, some chose a Tuesday instead of a Wednesday so as not to compete with the customary “church night” activities for youths in the capital city. Too bad it turned out to be Election Day.
October 22, 2008 – Education Week
Voters in some states didn't show a lot of generosity toward schools as they voted down measures that would have provided more funding for education in Idaho, Michigan, Nebraska, and Ohio. But proposals in three states that had the potential to restrict spending on schools-the idea known as a Taxpayer's Bill of Rights-were rejected, early returns showed.
November 8, 2006 – Education Week (Web)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
St. Paul (Minn.) Pioneer Press— May 11
The Seattle Times— October 24
CNN— October 24
Most Popular Stories
- Charter School Teachers
- RCMA Charter Schools, Immokalee, Florida
- School Designer
- Abl, San Francisco, California
- Math Specialist
- Roosevelt Children's Academy, Roosevelt, New York
- Director - Instructional Leadership
- Center for Educational Leadership, University of Washington College of Education, Nationwide
- Principal, Northview High School
- Dothan City Schools, Dothan, Alabama