As a result, home educators and uncertified teachers may be subject to arrest after July 1, when the legislature's one-year moratorium on prosecuting them ends. Legislators speculated, however, that such prosecutions would be rare, largely because of political pressure on county attorneys who attempt to carry them out.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Des Moines Register— May 13
Des Moines Register— May 12
Des Moines Register— May 11
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Physical Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Interim Head of School and Permanent Head of School
- Three Tree Montessori School, Burien, Washington State
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)