Like a growing number of other places in America’s heartland, West Liberty, Iowa, is watching its share of minority students shift into the majority. With the federal No Child Left Behind Act pushing schools to improve instruction for immigrant as well as U.S.-born students, raising test scores will be no easy task, as many Hispanic students here are still learning English.
May 18, 2005 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Des Moines Register— May 13
Des Moines Register— May 12
Des Moines Register— May 11
Most Popular Stories
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Teacher of the Blind / Visually Impaired
- Detroit Lakes Public Schools, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Physical Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois