District of Columbia
Michelle A. Rhee, the chancellor of the troubled public school system in the nation’s capital, soon will have the authority to fire hundreds of workers in the central office after the District of Columbia Council approved a measure today to grant her that power.
December 18, 2007 – Education Week (Web)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
The Washington Post— May 15
The Washington Post— May 14
USA Today— May 12
Most Popular Stories
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Special Education Teacher
- Greenwich Education Group, Stamford, Connecticut
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- ELA TEACHER
- Community Group, Lawrence, MA, US
- Superintendent of Schools
- Brunswick School Department, Brunswick, Maine