Reversing a lower court ruling that would have cushioned the impact on school districts of midyear state budget cuts, the Alabama Supreme Court has ruled that public schools and higher education institutions have to share the burden of such cuts equally whenever state revenues fall short.
July 11, 2001 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Atlanta Journal-Constitution— February 27
Christian Science Monitor— December 17
USA Today— July 24
Most Popular Stories
- Reading & Instruction Coach/Specialist
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Head of School
- The Sharon Academy, Sharon, Vermont
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Middle School ELA, Science, & Social Studies Teachers Needed
- Huda School and Montessori, Michigan
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)