Exploring just how far the federal law that prohibits sex discrimination in education extends, the U.S. Supreme Court was clearly divided last week as it heard arguments in an appeal brought by an Alabama high school coach who says he was retaliated against after complaining that his female basketball players were getting shortchanged.
December 8, 2004 – Education Week
State leaders in Alabama expected little resistance when they asked voters on Nov. 2 to strip language from the state constitution that required segregated schooling. But as the results rolled in, they got a surprise lesson in just how powerful the fear of tax hikes can be.
November 17, 2004 – Education Week
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Atlanta Journal-Constitution— February 27
Christian Science Monitor— December 17
USA Today— July 24
Most Popular Stories
- Interim Head of School and Permanent Head of School
- Three Tree Montessori School, Burien, Washington State
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Teacher of the Blind / Visually Impaired
- Detroit Lakes Public Schools, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
- Physical Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona