As school districts in southern Mississippi struggle back to normal life following Hurricane Katrina, they can at least be assured that once their computer systems are working, databases of student academic and demographic information can be downloaded with a few mouse clicks.
September 28, 2005 – Education Week
Experts warned Southern education leaders meeting here that falling graduation rates may threaten the region’s progress in improving students’ test scores, access to preschool, and other advances in recent years in the poorest region of the United States.
June 29, 2005 | Updated: June 28, 2018 – Education Week (Web)
In a decision with significant implications for the enforcement of Title IX, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled 5-4 that a high school girls’ basketball coach could sue his Alabama school district for allegedly retaliating against him after he complained that his female athletes were treated unfairly compared with the boys’ team.
March 29, 2005 | Updated: February 22, 2019 – Education Week (Web)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Best of Daily Newspapers
Atlanta Journal-Constitution— February 27
Christian Science Monitor— December 17
USA Today— July 24
Most Popular Stories
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- High School Math Instructional Coach
- KIPP Philadelphia Public Schools, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Newport News Foundation Director
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- Senior Associate, Development & External Affairs
- Close Up Foundation, Alexandria, Virginia
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)