Spotlight on Reading Instruction
Education Week's Spotlight on Reading Instruction brings together a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Research on early literacy
- Predictors of reading achievement
- Educational TV and reading
- Finding solutions to the ‘4th grade slump’
- Reading software programs for young readers
- One district’s use of the Reading First model to fine-tune instruction districtwide
- Tips for engaging reluctant readers
- The role of background knowledge in reading comprehension
- Potential pitfalls of reading research
A great value! You get the six articles and two Commentaries below in a downloadable PDF.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Special Education Teacher
- Chester Upland School District, Chester, PA, US
- Elementary ELA or Math Teacher
- Achievement Prep, Washington D.C.
- Superintendent, Homewood City School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Homewood, Alabama
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida