Spotlight on Reading Instruction
Education Week's Spotlight on Reading Instruction brings together a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Research on early literacy
- Predictors of reading achievement
- Educational TV and reading
- Finding solutions to the ‘4th grade slump’
- Reading software programs for young readers
- One district’s use of the Reading First model to fine-tune instruction districtwide
- Tips for engaging reluctant readers
- The role of background knowledge in reading comprehension
- Potential pitfalls of reading research
A great value! You get the six articles and two Commentaries below in a downloadable PDF.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Senior Associate, Development & External Affairs
- Close Up Foundation, Alexandria, Virginia
- High School Principal
- Lewiston-Porter CSD, Youngstown, New York
- Math Teacher (Los Angeles Unified, Carver Middle School)
- Partnership for Los Angeles Schools, Los Angeles, California
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona