Spotlight on Math and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on Math and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Understanding how the math standards will shift when and how topics are introduced
- Preparing students to engage in the eight “mathematical practices” featured in the standards
- Reshaping instructional materials and the role of the “publishers’ criteria” for the common core in math
- Using customized e-textbooks aligned to the standards
- Developing effective tests to assess students’ math abilities
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Executive Director
- Tarrant To and Through Partnership (T3), Fort Worth, Texas
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Superintendent of Schools
- Brunswick School Department, Brunswick, Maine