Spotlight on ELLs in the Classroom
The Education Week Spotlight on English-language learners in the Classroom is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Intensive English-language learner training for core-content teachers
- Engaging native and nonnative speakers in dual-language classrooms
- 'Shadowing' ELLs as teacher professional development
- Using attendance and grades as early warning signs for ELL dropouts
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common-core curriculum
- Identifying the best research and instructional strategies for ELLs
You get the nine articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights:English-Language Learners in the Classroom (2010)
This Spotlight explores how schools and teachers are using innovative means to help their English-language-learner students gain skills in speaking, reading, and writing.
ELL Assessment & Teaching
Teaching English-language learners is a complex endeavor that requires skill and patience. It is also a reality that more and more schools are facing. This Spotlight examines assessment and instruction in the everyday world of ELLs and their schools.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)
- High School Math Teacher
- [email protected], Wilson, Arkansas
- Physics Teacher (Grade 9) SY18-19
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston Public Schools , Boston, Massachusetts
- Elementary School Teacher
- San Juan Island School District, Washington State