Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Incorporating language arts across the subject areas to meet the expectations of the common standards
- Adapting to the increased focus on nonfiction
- Understanding how the common core could impact popular reading instruction techniques, like prereading exercises
- Efforts to build a free, online repository of text-dependent questions and tasks aligned to popular basal-readers.
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common core
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Head of School
- The Sharon Academy, Sharon, Vermont
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Principal- Middle School
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, Virginia