Spotlight on Deeper Learning
On Deeper Learning
|Check out the complete collection of Education Week Spotlights here.|
The Education Week Spotlight on Deeper Learning is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Efforts to help students learn challenging math concepts, like fractions
- Approaches to personalized learning from Race to the Top districts
- Using foreign language programs to foster achievement and economic growth
- Preparing at-risk students for the new math standards
- Balancing nonfiction and fiction texts in the common core
You get the six articles below in a downloadable PDF. The Spotlight is made possible in part by a grant from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, which supports coverage of deeper learning that will provide students with the skills and knowledge to succeed in a rapidly changing world. More at www.hewlett.org
Related Spotlights on Deeper Learning:
Deeper Learning (2012)
States are exploring the use of creativity indexes to measure innovation in schools; preschoolers are learning in dual-language immersion programs; and districts are using brain science research for students with learning disabilities. This Spotlight takes a close look at some of the promising models and innovative strategies for "deeper learning."
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Chief Financial Officer
- Portsmouth Public Schools, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Principal, Chappaqua Central School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chappaqua, New York