Spotlight on Common Core for ELLs
The Education Week Spotlight on Common Core for ELLs is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Making literacy standards accessible to English-language learners
- Developing uniform definitions that may help to decide who receives ELL services
- Piloting lessons to show what common-core instruction might look like for ELLs
- Working to meet increased academic demands for ELLs in states with common-core standards
- Translating the English/language arts standards into Spanish
- Creating fair and accurate assessments for ELLs
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- History Teachers SY18-19
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston Public Schools , Boston, Massachusetts
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.