Spotlight on Literacy and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on Literacy and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Examining how instructional materials reflect the new literacy standards
- Using film study to build critical analysis skills
- Reading historical texts within the common core
- Teaching students how to "skim" for reading analysis
You get the six articles below in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights:Literacy and the Common Core (Spring 2013)
Under the new common-core standards, educators are debating which literary texts should be taught in class, preparing for the rollout of new textbooks and readers, pushing literacy development across subject areas, and connecting reading and writing to critical reasoning skills. Download this Spotlight to understand how curriculum and assessment is shifting as a result of the new English/language arts standards.
Literacy and the Common Core (Fall 2013)
Teachers are adapting their reading and writing instruction to the common-core standards. In this Spotlight, explore some of the interdisciplinary approaches that teachers are taking, discover how poetry fits within the standards, and find out what the latest research says about building vocabulary.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ARTS ADMINISTRATOR - Office Staff
- Myriad Music School and Dance Academy, San Mateo, California
- Head of School
- Caprock Academy, Grand Junction, Colorado
- Headmaster - Boston Latin Academy
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, Massachusetts
- Head of School Gulf Stream School
- Gulf Stream School, Gulf Stream, Florida
- Become a Certified Teacher with the Teach Western Mass Residency: Apply by March 19th
- Teach Western Mass, Holyoke, Massachusetts