Working with Students with Challenging Behaviors
Today's classrooms and schools seem significantly more likely to be affected by students who bring frustration, anger, conflict, and behavioral or attention problems with them--making it more difficult for teachers and students to focus on learning. This Focus On begins with a brief discussion of key aspects of a teacher's role in establishing a classroom environment supportive of high levels of learning. It then discusses some teacher behaviors that may be especially helpful in working with students with challenging behaviors. As with all issues in the Focus On series it features helpful classroom practices and teaching techniques you can replicate, and a variety of different print and online resources you can turn to for additional information.
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Teacher (K4-8) Monolingual English or Bilingual English/Spanish
- La Causa, Inc. / La Causa Charter School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 4th Grade Teacher
- Saint Hilary School, Tiburon, California
- Kindergarten Teacher
- SOAR Elementary School, Denver, Colorado