Thinking Differently: Recommendations for 21st Century School Board/Superintendent Leadership
- District Leadership
This publication discusses specific steps that must be taken by local school boards and superintendents, by state political and educational leaders, and by university deans and faculty in order to develop and strengthen local school board/superintendent leadership. Authors Richard H. Goodman and William G. Zimmerman, Jr., of the New England School Development Council, base their recommendations on years of experience in school governance, on case studies of successful board/superintendent teams from a variety of communities across America, and on input from the 36 members of the National Advisory Committee on School Board/Superintendent Leadership, Governance, and Teamwork. 33 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Associate Superintendent - Chief Academic Officer
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Executive Director of Special Services
- ANACORTES SCHOOL DISTRICT, Skagit County, Washington State
- Master Teacher and other opportunities at Friendship Public Charter School
- Friendship PCS, Washington D.C.
- Teacher (various openings, grades 5-8)
- Equitas Academy Charter Schools, Los Angeles, California
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel
- The Gan at Adas Israel, Washington D.C.