The Obama Education Plan: An Education Week Guide
- Education Policy and Trends
Context and insights on the educational priorities of the Obama administration. This book is compiled by Education Week and offers information and opinion on Obama's key educational priorities, which includes expanding early education, improving teacher quality, supporting school innovation, making math and science a national priority, addressing the dropout crisis, and improving college access and affordability. 240 pages.
Table of Contents
Part I. The Education Plan
Invest in Early Childhood Education 3
Reform No Child Left Behind 26
Expand Opportunities to Learn 120
Recruit, Prepare, Retain, and Reward America's Teachers 138
Part II. Advice
Advice for the President 193
National Academy of Education Recommendations
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- High School Math Teacher
- [email protected], Wilson, Arkansas
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.
- Physics Teacher (Grade 9) SY18-19
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston Public Schools , Boston, Massachusetts
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)