Teaching and Testing Early Reading
This Focus On provides an overview of several key early literacy components: phonemic awareness, alphabet knowledge, concepts of print, oral language development, writing, family literacy, and reading aloud. Suggestions for assessing early literacy development are provided, and examples of implementation of effective early literacy practices are given.
Table of Contents
Components of Early Literacy
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Math Instructional Coach
- KIPP Philadelphia Public Schools, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Senior Associate, Development & External Affairs
- Close Up Foundation, Alexandria, Virginia
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Newport News Foundation Director
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US