Teacher Compensation: Performance Pay and Other Issues
This Informed Educator examines the issue of performance pay for teachers. Research on teacher compensation systems explores a possible link between performance pay and student learning and achievement, and incentive pay for teacher implementation issues are addressed. Finally, the need to broaden the discussion of performance pay to a more comprehensive review that explicitly connects the structure of teacher compensation to school district goals is highlighted. 16 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Executive Officer
- New Foundations Charter School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Council Rock School District, Newtown, Pennsylvania
- Full Time Special Education Teachers, K-12
- PA Virtual Charter School, Pennsylvania
- ELEMENTARY ED 3
- Brevard Public Schools, Palm Bay, Florida