Teacher Compensation: Performance Pay and Other Issues
This Informed Educator examines the issue of performance pay for teachers. Research on teacher compensation systems explores a possible link between performance pay and student learning and achievement, and incentive pay for teacher implementation issues are addressed. Finally, the need to broaden the discussion of performance pay to a more comprehensive review that explicitly connects the structure of teacher compensation to school district goals is highlighted. 16 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary Principal
- Indianapolis Independent School Recruitment, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Assistant Principal
- Elmwood Village Charter School, Buffalo, New York
- Education Program Manager II, Chief of Special Education Performance Support & Technical Assistance
- Maryland State Dept of Education, Baltimore, Maryland
- Elementary Teacher
- LaTanja Riley-Hedgepeth - [email protected], Newport News, Virginia
- High School Principal
- Paramount Unified School District, California