Teacher Compensation: Performance Pay and Other Issues
This Informed Educator examines the issue of performance pay for teachers. Research on teacher compensation systems explores a possible link between performance pay and student learning and achievement, and incentive pay for teacher implementation issues are addressed. Finally, the need to broaden the discussion of performance pay to a more comprehensive review that explicitly connects the structure of teacher compensation to school district goals is highlighted. 16 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)
- High School Math Teacher
- [email protected], Wilson, Arkansas
- Elementary School Teacher
- San Juan Island School District, Washington State
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US