Teacher Compensation: Performance Pay and Other Issues
This Informed Educator examines the issue of performance pay for teachers. Research on teacher compensation systems explores a possible link between performance pay and student learning and achievement, and incentive pay for teacher implementation issues are addressed. Finally, the need to broaden the discussion of performance pay to a more comprehensive review that explicitly connects the structure of teacher compensation to school district goals is highlighted. 16 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Alder GSE Associate Dean
- Alder GSE, Los Angeles, California
- Chief Academic Officer, Clarke County School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Athens, Georgia
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida