Teacher Compensation: Performance Pay and Other Issues
This Informed Educator examines the issue of performance pay for teachers. Research on teacher compensation systems explores a possible link between performance pay and student learning and achievement, and incentive pay for teacher implementation issues are addressed. Finally, the need to broaden the discussion of performance pay to a more comprehensive review that explicitly connects the structure of teacher compensation to school district goals is highlighted. 16 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Product Manager
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Head of School / Principal
- La Academia Partnership Charter School, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Executive Director of Special Education
- Fairbanks North Star Borough School District, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers in China
- Dipont Education, China (CN)
- Science: Biology and Integrated Science 9
- Nansha College Preparatory Academy, Guangzhou, Guangdong (CN)