Succeeding with English-Language Learners: Lessons Learned from the Great City Schools: A Report Summary
Succeeding With English-Language Learners - Lessons Learned From the Great City Schools, discusses findings from a study designed to identify district-level policies and strategies associated with improvements in English-Language Learner student achievement. These findings:
- Emphasize comprehensive planning and adoption of language development strategies for ELLs
- Suggest that programming for English-Language Learners must be both collaborative and span the curriculum
- Advocate for a clear vision and strategy for ELL instructional improvement, and better integration of English learners into the general educational program
This Informed Educator includes excerpts from the report. 10 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Lower School Special Ed Science Teacher; Dept Chair Opportunity Available (2020-21)
- The Quad Preparatory School, New York City, New York
- Preschool Director
- One City Schools, Madison, Wisconsin
- Seeking an Ambitious and Passionate English High School Teacher
- Archimedean Upper Conservatory, Miami, Florida
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona