Succeeding with English-Language Learners: Lessons Learned from the Great City Schools: A Report Summary
Succeeding With English-Language Learners - Lessons Learned From the Great City Schools, discusses findings from a study designed to identify district-level policies and strategies associated with improvements in English-Language Learner student achievement. These findings:
- Emphasize comprehensive planning and adoption of language development strategies for ELLs
- Suggest that programming for English-Language Learners must be both collaborative and span the curriculum
- Advocate for a clear vision and strategy for ELL instructional improvement, and better integration of English learners into the general educational program
This Informed Educator includes excerpts from the report. 10 pages.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- 4th Grade Teacher
- Saint Hilary School, Tiburon, California
- Elementary Teacher
- Cherokee Central School, Cherokee, North Carolina
- Kindergarten Teacher
- SOAR Elementary School, Denver, Colorado