Strengthening School-Family Partnerships
Research has demonstrated that strong connections between schools and families can have lasting benefits in relation to student morale and overall achievement. This knowledge has prompted teachers and administrators to go to extraordinary lengths to create opportunities for parental involvement in the school environment. The task of engaging parents in the learning process can be difficult, and requires teachers and administrators to both empathize with these busy families and also persevere in what may appear at times to be a lack of interest on the part of the parents. This Focus On briefly discusses what research tells us about the school-family partnership. Barriers that make it more difficult are highlighted. Finally, examples are presented of ways teachers and schools are working to increase the involvement of families with their children's education and schools.
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Executive Director
- The Cooperating School Districts of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.