Sixteen Trends...Their Profound Impact on Our Future
- Education Policy and Trends
Seismic Shifts. Future Forces. Call them whatever you'd like. The Sixteen Trends revealed in this benchmark book will have a profound impact on our future. Noted futurist, educator, communicator, executive and leadership counsel, author, and international speaker Gary Marx makes the case for those trends and speculates on their implications for education and the whole of society. Supported by compelling research and observations, the trends address: aging, diversity, intellectual capital, technology, generations, education, personalization, human ingenuity, continuous improvement, ethics, planetary security, polarization, interdependence, personal meaning, poverty, and careers. 399 pages.
• Majorities will become minorities, creating ongoing challenges for social cohesion
• Social and intellectual capital will become economic drivers, intensifying competition for well-educated people
•Technology will increase the speed of communication and the pace of advancement or decline
•International learning, including diplomatic skills, will become basic
•Competition will increase to attract and keep qualified educators
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School
- The Lab School of Washhington, Washington D.C.
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Executive Director
- The Cooperating School Districts of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- Superintendent, Wenatchee School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Wenatchee, Washington State
- Dean, School of Education and Professional Studies
- SUNY Potsdam, Nationwide