Six Pillars of Dynamic Schools
- School Leaders
Six Pillars of Dynamic Schools uncovers an often overlooked truth-effective change is the product of hard work and dedication. There is no silver bullet; no matter how many programs, software packages, or new initiatives a district uses, the magic won't just "happen." Dynamic schools result from consistent and redundant focus on the fundamental core elements affecting teachers and students-the premise of Six Pillars of Dynamic Schools. What sets this book apart is its focus on how school leaders do business, instead of on what business leaders should do. Regardless of the methods chosen, there are six fundamental processes-pillars-that must be ongoing within the school and district in order to sustain meaningful change on the road to dynamic schools. The chances of long-term success for school reformation plans that lack even one of these essential pillars are doomed to mediocrity at best and complete failure at worst.
Ideal for use as a book study in a professional learning community, Problem-Based Learning exercises are provided with each chapter to drive discussion and facilitate learning and understanding. 154 pages.
Table of Contents
I. Pillar One: Communication and Relationships 33
II. Pillar Two: Leadership and Empowerment 51
III. Pillar Three: Planning and Evaluation 65
IV. Pillar Four: Collaboration 83
V. Pillar Five: Accountability and Responsibility 99
VI. Pillar Six: Consistency and Redundancy 113
VII. Bringing It All Together 123
$30, PDF Only. Call 301-280-3100 to order.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal - Mercer Island High School
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, Washington State
- Elementary School Principal
- Voices College-Bound Language Academies, San Jose, California
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- Lower School Special Ed Science Teacher; Dept Chair Opportunity Available (2020-21)
- The Quad Preparatory School, New York City, New York
- *Teacher-Leader Pathway Talent Pool (2020-2021)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, NC, US