Lessons of a Century: A Nation's Schools Come of Age
- Education Policy and Trends
Based on a series of articles appearing in Education Week, Lessons of a Century explores the issues, trends and personalities that have shaped American education. This great teaching tool discusses everything from curriculum and teaching to governance and student life throughout the past 100 years. 260 pages.
Table of Contents
I. Opening the Doors 2
II. Rites of Passage 32
III. Struggle for Integration 60
IV. The Great Debate 92
V. Evolving Curriculum 120
VI. Assessment Culture 152
VII. The Course of Teaching 180
VIII. A Private Choice 204
IX. Who's in Charge? 230
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary Teacher
- Cherokee Central School, Cherokee, North Carolina
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Teacher (K4-8) Monolingual English or Bilingual English/Spanish
- La Causa, Inc. / La Causa Charter School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida