Incorporating Research-Based Teaching
In the past decade, there has been an ever-increasing interest in efforts to identify why students in certain classrooms learn at faster rates than in others. Student characteristics are obviously part of the equation. Recently, however, researchers, along with school districts and other organizations, have used relatively new statistical approaches to focus on teacher impact on student learning. A clear lesson from these projects is that some teachers are especially effective. This Focus On represents an effort to bring together a variety of research-based resources on characteristics of good teaching. It is intended to support the efforts of districts, schools, and, most importantly, individual teachers to continually improve instruction.
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School
- The Lab School of Washhington, Washington D.C.
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona