Implementing the Findings of Research: Bridging the Gap Between Knowledge and Practice
- Using Data and Research
Making effective use of the findings of research has long been a problem for school leaders. Research has demonstrated the effectiveness of a number of programs, approaches, and techniques, but the gap between what we know and what we are able to implement is a persistent difficulty in the schools. However, the practice and science of implementation has emerged to more reliably and effectively bridge this gap. This book provides a guide to the conceptual and practical knowledge principals, superintendents, and other school leaders need to implement evidence-based educational innovations.
Table of Contents
I. Introduction: Using Research to Improve Practice 1
II. Adopt, Adapt, or Implement? 11
III. Purveyors 17
IV. Stages of Implementation 23
V. Implementation Drivers: From Staff Selection to Systems Intervention 43
VI. Conclusion 69
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Public Information - 2020/2021
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School, Lincolnshire, IL, US
- Preschool Director
- One City Schools, Madison, Wisconsin
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- Seeking an Ambitious and Passionate English High School Teacher
- Archimedean Upper Conservatory, Miami, Florida
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.