Implementing the Findings of Research: Bridging the Gap Between Knowledge and Practice
- Using Data and Research
Making effective use of the findings of research has long been a problem for school leaders. Research has demonstrated the effectiveness of a number of programs, approaches, and techniques, but the gap between what we know and what we are able to implement is a persistent difficulty in the schools. However, the practice and science of implementation has emerged to more reliably and effectively bridge this gap. This book provides a guide to the conceptual and practical knowledge principals, superintendents, and other school leaders need to implement evidence-based educational innovations.
Table of Contents
I. Introduction: Using Research to Improve Practice 1
II. Adopt, Adapt, or Implement? 11
III. Purveyors 17
IV. Stages of Implementation 23
V. Implementation Drivers: From Staff Selection to Systems Intervention 43
VI. Conclusion 69
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- ELA TEACHER
- Community Group, Lawrence, MA, US
- High School Principal
- Lewiston-Porter CSD, Youngstown, New York
- Newport News Foundation Director
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida