Homework has been an integral part of the educational system for over 100 years. What likely began as simple memorization tasks has evolved into complex projects and sparked an increasingly heated debate over the purpose and value of homework assignments. This Focus On examines the purpose of homework, how to create homework that has value, homework support, parents' involvement in homework, creating clear homework policies, and assessing homework. "Close Up" discussion questions are included throughout to facilitate discussion and reflection among teachers about homework policies and practices. View Table of Contents.
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Seeking an Ambitious and Passionate English High School Teacher
- Archimedean Upper Conservatory, Miami, Florida
- Virtual Elementary Teacher
- Edmentum, Indiana
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Director of Public Information - 2020/2021
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School, Lincolnshire, IL, US