Homework has been an integral part of the educational system for over 100 years. What likely began as simple memorization tasks has evolved into complex projects and sparked an increasingly heated debate over the purpose and value of homework assignments. This Focus On examines the purpose of homework, how to create homework that has value, homework support, parents' involvement in homework, creating clear homework policies, and assessing homework. "Close Up" discussion questions are included throughout to facilitate discussion and reflection among teachers about homework policies and practices. View Table of Contents.
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Professor of Practice in K-12 Educational Leadership
- University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Elementary School Principal
- Voices College-Bound Language Academies, San Jose, California
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida