Homework has been an integral part of the educational system for over 100 years. What likely began as simple memorization tasks has evolved into complex projects and sparked an increasingly heated debate over the purpose and value of homework assignments. This Focus On examines the purpose of homework, how to create homework that has value, homework support, parents' involvement in homework, creating clear homework policies, and assessing homework. "Close Up" discussion questions are included throughout to facilitate discussion and reflection among teachers about homework policies and practices. View Table of Contents.
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School / Principal
- La Academia Partnership Charter School, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers in China
- Dipont Education, China (CN)
- Executive Director of Special Education
- Fairbanks North Star Borough School District, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Elementary Teacher
- Moving Everest Charter School, Chicago, Illinois
- School Sales Specialist
- 6crickets Inc., Greater Boston Area, Greater NYC area, Greater Washington DC area, Connecticut, New Jersey