What We Know About: Effective Early Reading Instruction
- Curriculum and Instruction
The purpose of this book is to improve reading success... at an early age. It is designed for teachers, principals, and other administrators who work with children in preschool or the early elementary grades. What We Know About: Effective Early Reading Instruction focuses on a variety of strategies, approaches, and programs that constitute sound literacy instruction and that are designed to result in the prevention of reading difficulties. Recognizing that there will always be children at risk for reading failure, the book also suggests ways of identifying those students, along with strategies and programs for early intervention.
Bulk discount: Purchase 1-4 copies for $20 each, 5-9 copies for $17.50 each, or 10+ copies for $15 each (discount applied at checkout)
Table of Contents
I. Introduction 1
II. The Evolution of Reading Instruction 5
III. Effective Reading Instruction 11
IV. The Elements of Good Reading Instruction 23
V. Early Identification and Assessment 53
VI. Early Intervention for Children at Risk of Reading Failure 65
VII. Fostering Literacy Before Kindergarten 81
VIII. Implementing Effective Programs 89
IX. Summary 101
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Account Executive - Territory Sales Representative K-12 - Texas
- Abre, Nationwide
- 4th Grade Teacher
- Saint Hilary School, Tiburon, California
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California