Education Hell: Rhetoric vs. Reality
- School Leaders
Are America's schools broken? Education Hell: Rhetoric vs. Reality seeks to address misconceptions about America's schools by taking on the credo 'what can be measured matters.' To the contrary, Dr. Bracey makes a persuasive case that much of what matters cannot be assessed on a multiple choice test. The challenge for educators is to deal effectively with an incomplete accountability system-while creating a broader understanding of successful schools and teachers. School leaders must work to define, maintain, and increase essential skills that may not be measured in today's accountability plans.
Those who work in America's schools will find Dr. Bracey's work uplifting and convincing. Those who seek the truth about our schools will develop a deeper understanding of the multi-faceted reality, rejecting a simplistic view of school success. Education Hell: Rhetoric vs. Reality is an excellent book study for school leaders and educational teams working to increase true student achievement and dispel the misinformation about schools so often disseminated as truth. 288 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal
- Garfield School District Re-2, Rifle, Colorado
- High School Principal - award winning school in beautiful CAPE COD, MA
- Nauset Public Schools, Eastham, Massachusetts
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- High School Principal - Monument Mountain Regional High School
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- Principal, Northview High School
- Dothan City Schools, Dothan, Alabama