What We Know About: Culture & Learning
- Curriculum and Instruction
This report examines the relationship between culture and learning and discusses how conflicts between the culture of one's home and that of the classroom can hinder the educational process for many students.
One more in the ever-popular What We Know About... series, the report reviews examples of culturally sensitive instructional practices, and describes the considerations that teachers and school administrators should take into account as they meet the needs of a student population that is growing ever more diverse.
Bulk discount: Purchase 1-4 copies for $20 each, 5-9 copies for $17.50 each, or 10+ copies for $15 each (discount applied at checkout)
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal, Northview High School
- Dothan City Schools, Dothan, Alabama
- Science Curriculum Coordinator (JK-12)
- Cambridge Public Schools, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Charter School Teachers
- RCMA Charter Schools, Immokalee, Florida
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- School Designer
- Abl, San Francisco, California