Crucial Conversations About America's Schools
- Education Policy and Trends
It's up to school leaders to shift the momentum away from conversations based on misperceptions and toward those that study critical issues about school improvement. Crucial Conversations About America's Schools talks about how to do this and provides examples of how to reframe conversations on the hot-button but important topics of low-achieving schools, teacher pay for performance, the achievement gap, charter schools, and the dropout problem. 142 pages.
Table of Contents
I. Reshaping the Conversation About Public Schools 1
II. The Achievement Gap 27
III. The Dropout Rate 47
IV. Turning Around Low-Performing Schools 65
V. Charter Schools 93
VI. Pay for Performance 109
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Founding Principal - Environmental Charter High School (ECHS)
- Environmental Charter School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Executive Director (Head of School)
- Triangle Associates, Burien, Washington State
- Multiple Positions
- Legacy Academy of Excellence Charter School, Rockford, Illinois