Concerns in Education: Understanding and Using Education Statistics, 2nd Edition
- Using Data and Research
This popular publication provides easy-to-understand explanations of statistics concepts and uses examples from the current educational environment to demonstrate those concepts. Understanding, even being comfortable with using statistics is essential for today's K-12 educators. And using data to improve student achievement is critical to tackling the challenges of NCLB.
That's why this report on interpreting and using education statistics-written by well-known education author Dr. Gerald Bracey-couldn't be more timely or more relevant. This is not your typical college textbook on statistics. Rather, it is written for educators and will help you and your staff become better at routinely using statistics in your school improvement efforts. In it, Bracey provides concise explanations of statistical terms along with examples of how statistics can be, and often are, misused. Understanding and Using Education Statistics helps both novice and experienced practitioners alike become better consumers of statistics, better interpreters of data, and ultimately, better decision makers. 70 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Classroom Teacher
- Carondelet Leadership Academy, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Remote English Teaching for Rural Chinese Children (Up to 30$/hour)
- Teachplus, Working from home
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Associate Superintendent - Chief Academic Officer
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel
- The Gan at Adas Israel, Washington D.C.