Bringing the District Back In: The Role of the Central Office in Instruction and Achievement
- District Leadership
This resource examines the role of the central office in improving instruction and therefore improving student achievement. Mac Iver and Farley-Ripple provide a comprehensive review of the available research (since the 1970s) on the role of the central office in student achievement. First, they review the research chronologically, and then by study type: positive outlier studies, district case studies, and comparative district studies. After completing the review and synthesis of the research, the authors point to gaps in the research and outline implications for future exploration. 120 pages.
Table of Contents
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Principal K-8
- Marana Unified School District, Tucson, Arizona
- Vice President, Schools
- Innovate Public Schools, San Jose, California
- Head of School Gulf Stream School
- Gulf Stream School, Gulf Stream, Florida
- Associate Head of School
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, Florida
- President- Saint Martin de Porres High School
- Saint Martin de Porres High School, Cleveland, Ohio