Evidence suggests that there is a crisis in adolescent literacy. Part of the problem is that students often receive little literacy instruction after elementary school. This Focus On examines the literacy instruction that adolescents need to be successful as they move on to more challenging texts in middle and high school. In addition, this publication reviews teaching strategies that can be used to develop literacy skills in all classrooms. The characteristics of effective adolescent literacy programs, struggling readers, and ways of motivating students to read are discussed.
Bulk discount: Purchase 15 or more copies for $3.00 each (discount applied at checkout)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Case High School - Principal - Racine Unified School District
- Racine Unified School District, Racine, Wisconsin
- Principal - Dalewood Middle School 20888- 2020-2021 w/ $15,000 Bonus Potential
- Hamilton County Department of Education, Chattanooga, TN, US
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Lower School Special Ed Science Teacher; Dept Chair Opportunity Available (2020-21)
- The Quad Preparatory School, New York City, New York
- High School Principal - Mercer Island High School
- Mercer Island School District, Mercer Island, Washington State