A Winning Formula for Mathematics Instruction
- Curriculum and Instruction
A Winning Formula for Mathematics Instruction: Converting Research Into Results presents both research-based and practice-based information on the creation of effective schoolwide or districtwide mathematics education programs. In addition to research-based recommendations, it offers insights on establishing or improving programs based on the author's many years of experience as a mathematics teacher, mathematics teacher educator, and professional development provider for mathematics education. The book is ideal for professional development at the teacher, school, or district level. Each chapter ends with a series of questions or tasks that are designed to focus the reader's thinking. 276 pages.
Table of Contents
A Context for More Effective Mathematics Education Programs 1
The Mathematics Curriculum of Effective Mathematics Education Programs 13
Teaching Practices for Effective Student Learning 59
Marzano and Mathematics Education 79
Assessment in Effective Mathematics Education Programs 113
School and Community Aspects of Effective Mathematics Education Programs 145
Mathematics Professional Development 175
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Financial Officer
- Portsmouth Public Schools, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Director of Finance and Grants Administration
- GREENBURGH ELEVEN UFSD, Dobbs Ferry, New York