A new study of violent attacks in schools over the last decade reveal that most of the student attackers were motivated by a specific grievance and every single one of them was experiencing extreme stress. (November 8, 2019)
Rick Hess Straight Up
I worry that Colorado, like many states, will expand early education on the cheap, expecting teachers without health-care coverage or a living wage to prepare our youngest children for the future, writes Van Schoales. (November 6, 2019)
State News and Resources
In weekly observations and coaching of teachers, one school’s leadership team provides a single “high-leverage” action step for teachers to incorporate into their instruction to make lessons more engaging for students.
AWS is expanding its EdStart accelerator program to include ed-tech companies with less than $1 million in revenue, and few or no customers. This story is from EdWeek Market Brief, a service offering business and school leaders actionable insights about the K-12 marketplace. (November 7, 2019)
National Content Partners
Facing lawsuit, DeVos erases student loans for 1,500 (11/08 07:11 pm)
More students are leaving college without a degree (11/08 12:01 am)
Regional News Partners
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Montgomery County, Maryland is actively recruiting Principals and Assistant Principals, all levels
- Montgomery County Public Schools, Montgomery County, Maryland
- Supervisor of Technology
- Hernando County School Board, Spring Hill, Florida
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)