What's required? Who's reporting school-level data so far? And what's the practical impact for district leaders, principals, teachers, local policymakers, and the public? EdWeek explains. (October 11, 2019)
• Special Report Managing the Money
Opinion: Joe English
Teachers work their magic with students all the time, building community and trust. What would school be like if principals worked that same magic with teachers, wonders Jonathon Medeiros. (October 10, 2019)
Peter DeWitt's Finding Common Ground
At Education Week, we believe that an excellent education is possible for all students and we will work tirelessly to inspire and empower you to make this a reality.
The debate on how to teach early reading has raged for a century. But for the last few decades, the cognitive science has been clear: Teaching young kids how to crack the code—teaching systematic phonics—is the most reliable way to make sure that they learn how to read words. (October 2, 2019)
The lead researcher on the study advises education companies to handle negative posts gingerly, and not automatically hit “delete.” This story is from EdWeek Market Brief, a service offering business and school leaders actionable insights about the K-12 marketplace. (October 8, 2019)
National Content Partners
EPA proposes upping testing for lead at schools in rule overhaul (10/10 04:54 pm)
Regional News Partners
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Superintendent, Rockville Centre School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Rockville Centre, New York
- High School Principal
- Lewiston-Porter CSD, Youngstown, New York
- Superintendent - Bessemer, Alabama
- Alabama Association of School Boards, Bessemer, Alabama
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)