President Donald Trump has sought to roll back much of his predecessor's legacy. Here's a guide to some key Obama-era initiatives, guidance, and regulations and how they've fared so far. (June 20, 2018)
Our interactive map shows the locations of the 263 schools Puerto Rico plans to close before the 2018-19 school year begins, as well as the 270 schools set to enroll displaced students. (June 20, 2018)
Commentary: Tyrone C. Howard
Rick Hess Straight Up
The use of data in everything from physics and finance to politics and education is building momentum for a new path in high school math, emphasizing statistics and data literacy over calculus.
Parents are often unable to determine which companies are selling marketing lists based on students' ethnicity, hobbies, personality, and other sensitive information, a new study found. (June 6, 2018)
Twenty-one states today have a process for reviewing districts’ choices of instructional materials, compared with just 14 two years ago, according to the State Educational Technology Directors Association. This story is from EdWeek Market Brief, a service offering business and school leaders actionable insights about the K-12 marketplace. (June 11, 2018)
National Content Partners
How do you make the benefits of pre-K education last? (06/19 06:15 pm)
Regional News Partners
Why Juneteenth didn’t end the exploitation of black labor (06/19 01:51 pm)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director of Special Services
- ANACORTES SCHOOL DISTRICT, Skagit County, Washington State
- Associate Superintendent - Chief Academic Officer
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Remote English Teaching for Rural Chinese Children (Up to 30$/hour)
- Teachplus, Working from home
- Master Teacher and other opportunities at Friendship Public Charter School
- Friendship PCS, Washington D.C.
- Elementary Teacher - Academies of Math and Science
- Academies of Math and Science, Phoenix, Arizona